- Population: 89.7 million
- Capital: Hanoi
- Major languages: Vietnamese
- Major religions: Buddhism
- Monetary unit: Dong
- More on Vietnam from BBC website
- Visa: You must obtain a visa prior to travel. You should check visa validity and conditions carefully. They are usually valid for one month. There are fines and/or imprisonment if you overstay your visa. Entry to Vietnam may be refused if your passport has less than six month’s validity. Please visit www.fco.gov.uk for more information.
- Arrival info: date of arrival is the start date scheduled for the project.
TYPES OF PROGRAMMES
PHOTOS, NEWSLETTER, VIDEOS AND BLOGS
- VPV – Volunteers for Peace Vietnam is an NGO that was founded in Vietnam in 2005 and is registered as an independent branch of VFP-USA. According to Vietnamese laws, VFP is registered as an international NGO but operates locally in Vietnam. The aims and goals of VFP VIET are to promote volunteerism and voluntary participation of people in Vietnam; to exchange volunteers with other partners all over the world; to receive international volunteers to address social/development issues in Vietnam; to promote global friendship and understanding among people through volunteer exchange.
- SJ-Vietnam – Solidarites Jeunesses Vietnam is an international youth NGO (Non-Government Organization) which started in 2004 in Vietnam from an international work camp granted by United Nation Volunteers.They promote peace, solidarity and active citizenship through international voluntary service. It’s an independent, non political and non religious organization open to everybody without any distinction of nationality, race, philosophy, financial resource, education or sex.